September was a pretty good month for us! Each month is starting to feel less and less overwhelming, so that’s good. Here’s a rundown of our month.
- My parents came down right at the beginning of the month and helped us put together L’s furniture.
- A local restaurant we love started making our county’s LARGEST pizza and John got to order the first one. The pizza was ginormous and we had to share it with my coworkers because we couldn’t handle it. There is now a picture of John in the restaurant taking a bite out of a big slice. He’s #famous in our tiny town. Ha! :)
- We painted L’s room. Which was kind of a long process. We picked up some samples, painted them, decided, took our favorite back to get the actual paint, came home with something completely different, realized the sample was wrong but we were in love with the sample so had to start back at square one again. We finally got a color we loved and got it up there. I love the color of her room. There are still a handful of things I want to do before it’s “finished” but I know exactly what I want. I will take pictures when it’s finished.
- Speaking of taking pictures. I got a Project Life kit and will be doing that for L’s baby book. I’m hoping the take-pictures-of-everything desire kicks in once she’s born because I want to document her life — she deserves some memories. I love Project Life because it gives me prompts even before she is born, so I HAVE to take pictures of things like getting her room ready and stuff and it continues on for her first year. The quality and detail is fantastic. I’m so excited for this project.
- John’s mom moved to NC! It’s nice to have some family close by now.
- Work has been particularly fun for me lately. My division has a great relationship and it’s nice that I love going to work and can count my coworkers as friends.
- We had another guest come down in September, John’s best friend. It was great having him stay with us and getting to host someone at our new home.
- Our first home repair has come up. We had a leak from our guest bath upstairs that was leaking in the kitchen ceiling. We got that fixed but we still have to do some cosmetic work to get it better. Oh the fun of home ownership. Luckily this repair wasn’t very expensive or damaging.
Let’s see… and pregnancy wise:
- Really loved pregnancy in full-blown 2nd trimester. I can’t believe 3rd trimester starts this month (um, in like a week???)! Time is flying by. I’ll be considered full-term in a little less than three months.
- L’s movements are getting stronger and stronger and I love feeling her move around. A few weeks ago John got to feel her for the first time and now you can see the movements from the outside. It’s trippy.
- My heartburn and reflux are getting worse and worse. Some days it seems like plain water triggers it and nothing helps. But if I remember to take some ACV and papaya enzyme it makes it tolerable. ACV and papaya enzyme have been lifesavers.
- I have my glucose test next week so I’m praying I pass that. I do not want gestational diabetes.
- And, um, I start seeing the midwife every two weeks after my appointment next week — holy cow, did I mention how fast this pregnancy is going by? Because yeah, before you know it, I’m going to be going weekly and then L will be here! EEEEEEK
- Moving around is getting harder. Particularly changing positions in bed or getting out of bed and when I sit on the floor and try to get up. I’m experiencing some shortness of breath every now and then too.
- My feet and ankles sometimes swell at the end of the day. I know it’s not too much longer until that is an everyday thing. Yuck. I need to invest in some better shoes to accompany the fatter feet.
- I feel the nesting instinct kicking in. Starting to feel very anxious about getting everything ready for her. I have to tell myself daily that it will be okay and we will have the most basic things she needs no matter what and everything else we can get eventually. The world will not end if every closet isn’t organized to perfection. I think this anxiety is also stemming from the fact that the holiday season is starting and that is always busy so I get worried things will slip through the cracks.
And that’s all she wrote. This girl’s hungry and needs to make some supper. Seacrest out!